Due to ongoing drought conditions, The North Harris County Regional Authority (NHCRWA) initiated Stage 1 water conservation measures. Because Harris County Municipal Utility District 168 is located within the boundaries of the NHCRWA, we are required to initiate Stage 1 voluntary water conservation measures. The NHCRWA and Harris County Municipal Utility District 168 may require mandatory water use restrictions if conditions worsen. Effective immediately, the following voluntary water use restrictions are in place:
Voluntary Water Use Restrictions Now in Place:
- Recommend no outdoor water use between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Recommend all outdoor water usage, including, but not limited to, lawn and garden watering, car washing, and window washing, to be limited as follows:
- District residents and other users of water within the district with even numbered addresses should consider using water outdoors on even number days (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8)
- District residents and other users of water within the district with odd numbered addresses should consider use of water outdoors on odd numbered days (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9)
- In the event no street address exists, we recommend only district residents and other users of water within the district living on the north and west side of a street use water outdoors on even numbered days. District residents and other users of water within the district on the south and east side of a street should consider using water outdoors on odd numbered days.
Thank you for your cooperation – Customers will be notified when these voluntary restrictions are no longer recommended or if conditions warrant additional conservation measures.