Effective 2/17/21 at noon, Harris County MUD No. 168 is NOT affected by the City of Houston’s Boil Water Notice. The water is MUD No. 168 is safe to drink.
HCMUD 168 residents, it is time to prepare for colder temperatures! There is a Freeze Watch in effect for Sunday night through Tuesday morning, February 14th – February 16, 2021. Temperatures are expected to drop to freezing levels overnight.
How can District residents prepare? Practice the “Four P’s” as the cold fronts set in:
- Dress in warm clothing, wear coats and gloves when outdoors.
- Protect children and the elderly. Never leave them in a cold place or vehicle.
- Temperatures are predicted to be in the teens Monday night and Tuesday morning.
- Bring your pets indoors.
- Provide a warm, safe place for them to eat and sleep.
- Prevent frozen pipes and damage to your home by opening the cabinets under the kitchen and bathroom sinks to allow warm air to circulate and warm the pipes.
- Insulate outdoor faucets and exposed pipes and be sure to disconnect and drain hoses from outdoor spigots.
- Protect plants from freezing by covering them with plant-cover fabric, or a light blanket with plastic sheeting on top of it.
- Hydrate plants early so they can absorb and stay healthy through the cold.
Additionally, there are a few vehicle-safety tips to observe during winter weather:
- Keep your gas tank full.
- Have tire pressure checked.
- Have a phone charger, first aid kit, blankets, and jumper cables in your car.
- Check local road conditions at www.houstontranstar.org. State highway information available at www.drivetexas.org.
Lastly, Fire Departments have provided some safety tips surrounding space heaters and other supplemental heating sources during the colder days:
- Never leave a space heater unattended or a child unattended with a space heater.
- Keep all combustible materials (including yourself!) at least three (3) feet away from the heater.
- Never overload outlets or breakers.
- Do not use extension cords for the heater.
- Always turn it off if leaving the room and/or going to sleep.